President’s Message on Eve of AGM
ADDRESS TO THE MEMBERS OF BHARUCH DISTRICT MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (BDMA) IN ITS ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD ON 22-Aug-2014.
- It is a matter of great privilege and pleasure for me to accept with all humility the responsibility of a President of the Bharuch District Management Association, popularly known as BDMA. I am indeed very grateful to the distinguished members of the Core Committee of BDMA for bestowing their confidence on me to take over the reins of this wonderful organization. I am sure with the advice, guidance and unflinching support of the visionary management professionals on the Advisory Board of BDMA, I will be able to lead a team of BDMA and put all my sincere and dedicated efforts to accelerate the growth of this organisation.
- As you are aware that with the growing industrialization of our District, BDMA assumes greater significance and it can effectively contribute in building managerial capability of the entrepreneurs and management fraternity of Bharuch District; which is very vital to the growth of industries in the District. Our Hon. Prime Minister and the Finance Minister have been emphasizing the need for the “skill development” in our country and preparing our young generation to acquire the technical and managerial skills ; so that the pace of our industrialization and economic development can be accelerated in the years to come. Bharuch District has been progressing at leaps and bounds in terms of industrial growth and we have cluster of small, medium and giant industries located in the Industrial Estates of Bharuch, Ankleshwar, Panoli, Jhagadia, Dahej etc. and their journey of growth and development continues as on now also. I understand more and more industries are likely to come up in our District in next at least 4 to 5 years, if not more.
- With this fast speed of industrialization of our District, there is going to be shortage of “trained manpower”-both technical and managerial. With the development of industries, necessary infrastructure; including the social infrastructure like schools, educational institutes, hospitals, residential complexes and shopping molls etc. will also get developed in near future, necessisating trained manpower to manage these infrastructure facilities.
- BDMA can play an important role in providing necessary training and development inputs and managerial expertise to the industries and other organizations located in our District.
- BDMA has been providing such services in this direction since last more than 3 decades now and as reported by the Hon. Secretary in his presentation, BDMA has conducted 24 management development programmes and many evening talks and other management development activities like organizing knowledge sharing sessions in various professional forums like CEO Forum, Book Lovers’ Forum etc. I would like to inform you that BDMA will continue to hold evening talks, CEO Forum, Book Lovers’ Forum, Management Development Programmes etc. and issuing our quarterly magazine E-Panorama. In addition, I propose to reactivate the HR Forum, Safety, Health and Environment Forum and also organize many more management development programmes for managers at all levels including Sr. Executives and CEOs. We will also plan and organize many lecture series and panel discussions by eminent management experts in the country. BDMA has already planned a unique management initiative as per the directives of AIMA (All India Management Association); for the young executives below 30 yrs including the management and other students, titled as “Shaping Young Mind Programme” (SYMP) on 9th Oct.14; wherein we expect around 600 to 700 young budding executives to assemble at SVMIT Hall.
- Our Team in BDMA will interact regularly with all of you distinguished members and especially the CEOs and HR Executives of the District, to understand and assess the training and development needs of different industries and organizations and endevour to prepare an Annual Calander of various training and development programmes and other events. For this important exercise, I request on behalf of BDMA Team to all of you and other members of BDMA; to provide your valuable suggestions and help us in fulfilling the required training and development needs of various industries in Bharuch District.
- We intend to work on the special training needs and requirements of small and medium scale industries and the entrepreneurs of our District. BDMA can also plan to set up a “Consultancy Wing” to provide managerial advice from the Management experts to these industries.
- Bharuch District is predominantly having the chemical industries wherein the need for training to all employees in the areas of Safety, Health and Environment and accident prevention is of utmost importance; apart from being statutory requirements in many cases. BDMA would like to extend necessary support by conducting in-house and external training programmes in these important areas.
- BDMA will actively seek support and guidance from various Industries’ Associations like Ankleshwar Industries’ Association, Panoli Industries’ Association, Jhagadia Industries’ Association, Dahej Industries’ Association etc. in organizing various programmes and other activities. In this connection, I am indeed very grateful to all Presidents and Hon. Secretaries of these Associations for accepting my invitation to join the Advisory Board of BDMA. I am also thankful to all other emient CEOs of various organizations for accepting my invitation to be the members on the Advisory Board. I take this opportunity to thank all Sr. Executives of the industrial and other organizations of Bharuch District for accepting my invitation to join the Executive Committee of BDMA on various capacity; whose names I am going to announce shortly.
- At the end, I would like to say a very famous management quote given by a legendary management expert MR HENRY FORD which states that “COMING TOGETHER IS A BEGINNING; KEEPING TOGETHER IS PROGRESS; WORKING TOGETHER IS SUCCESS.” Let us work together, Ladies & Gentlemen, for the success of our own organization BDMA, for our own success.
Thank you very much.
P S VAYEDA
PRESIDENT-BDMA 22nd August, 2014.